Friday, January 20, 2012

Holiday Art



It's a little late in the season, but I have a story about the spirit of generosity that I would like to tell. Those who have been reading for a while have noticed that I participate in monthly ATC swaps on the MLParena hosted somepony named AmberMarie. Last month I thought it would be fun to send a PM (private message) to all of the participants except AmberMarie and ask them to draw an additional card and send it to her anonymously as a mysterious little thank you around the holidays.

The first 2 cards showed up and I was a little mad that people seem to have a hard time with the concept of anonymous. As a third and 4th card showed up AmberMarie had to deal with a sudden death in the family. I'm so glad that we, as a community were doing something nice when something really sad happened. I hope the little 3.5 x 2.5 pieces of art we sent brightened her day at a much needed time.




Even though the picture quality of these cards is less than what I would like (I didn't have a decent scanner so I took photos) I adore just looking at the yumyum I drew. She just seems extra special.

No comments:

Post a Comment