Sunday, January 15, 2012

Autograph: Tara Strong

Today some brony friends and I went to Sacramento the meet Tara Strong, the voice of Twilight Sparkle on My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. We were notified of the convention a few days ago and this weekend I sat and drew a Twilight Sparkle ATC that I wanted to have Tara autograph. I actually don't own any of the ATC cards I have drawn as I've always made them for others and sent them to their new owner so for me to draw art for myself was a new experience.

Sunday morning we left home around 8:30 for the trip to Sacramento. On our way we stopped at a few Walmarts and McDonald's in search of ponies. Sadly, none of the walmarts had blindbag ponies and one didn't have ponies or even any Hasbro products...

The drive was fun and easy but once at the convention and registered I noticed there was already a line for the autograph session that extended out the door. I was told there were over 400 people in line and it stretched from the autograph table out into the courtyard (cold and I was out there the better of 2.5 hours) and into the parking lot!
Finally, three hours later I got to see Tara, though I kept things very brief as there were so many people in line behind me.


I think this is the prize ATC in my collection at the moment. And you know what? I'm really proud of this one. I am almost happy with the background and I feel like the use of space is much more efficient than in my earlier ATCs. I'm not sure when I'll have a chance to meet another pony voice actor but I would like to eventually have a full set of the "mane" 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment