Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Everypony Project

I got an art table at Everfree! I have no idea how I'm getting there or who I'm staying with, but I've preregistered and I am guaranteed a table. If I'm lucky I might even get to sit next to the talented Starry Night and draw ponies for 3 days in a row.

Anyways to get me to tip top art shape, I'm going to draw ponies. A LOT of ponies. Something I have observed from watching other artists is that to see any real jump in improvement you need to draw almost, if not every day. Now, I think saying that I would draw every day might burn me out, but I'd like to draw more. So I've made a post on one of my pony forums saying I'm open for commissions and I'm going to work on a little project.


This is Cotton Candy. She is one of the first six my little ponies released by Hasbro in the 1980s. My goal is to draw each pony for as long as I can do the project without getting bored. In the end I hope to improve my art skills, and maybe I'll even have some pretty cool ATC cards to sell/trade at the convention.

Why am I starting with G1? Well, G4 ponies are released in "waves" as there isn't much of a defining "set theme" unlike G1 which had some unique pony sets released each year. I'm really interested in working with these sets, as they will all be different but have something to bring them together. That and I'm assuming g4 will be the highest in demand so if I draw them later my art skills will hopefully have improved!

No comments:

Post a Comment