Wednesday, January 11, 2012

I love Wingers!

My very first pony I got as a child was a Summerwing pony named "High Flyer". I never liked the name and tweaked it so that she was a "he" named Firefly after the main character in the My Little Pony special. There is another set of butterfly-winged ponies called "Windywing ponies" but no one can ever keep the sets straight so they just get collectively called "wingers"

I love the butterfly-like wings these ponies have but they are some of the more expensive common ponies to replace, as the wings were often damaged. When I sold off all my ponies before moving to California, I kept this little guy as he is very special to me.
I've been considering looking for the other wingers, but with G4 around I feel like I don't want to be spending money like that.


Luckily for me zazzle released some "retro" pony designs right before Christmas and I saw this lovely winger binder. Ben was a sweetheart and got it for me for xmas/Hanukkah and now my pony ATC cards live inside the pony binder.I was a little worried about the quality as I don't exactly consider zazzle to have the best quality merchandise. (I worked in the printing business for over a year. I'm allowed to be picky!) Surprisingly the print looks really nice and I think the binder is worth the higher price tag considering it is covered with pony. My only gripe is that poor high flyer looks much pinker and girlier than I am used to imagining, though I don't think it is the print so much as the original box art. It's also made from a name brand binder and hopefully won't be falling apart on me.

Now I just need to do more swaps so I can get some more art to put in it.


PS. This is blog post# 50! This is about 45 more posts than I thought I would do, so a big thank you out there to everyone reading and commenting.

PPS. We're also pretty darn close to 5,000 views. I should do something special...


2 comments:

  1. He's such a pretty pony! :) I've got 2 of the summer wing ponies and I've been trying to complete the set, but it's so hard to find them in decent condition, with their wings, and not too expensive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I want them, but ebay is just so addictive. I'm a bit nervous that if I don't get them soon the prices will just keep going up...

      Delete