Friday, December 9, 2011

Ice Crystal ATC

I've mentioned ATC swaps on here before and this is something I drew for the November swap. My partner, Eviecorn said she liked G1 boys and scarves so I ended up drawing a G1 Ice Crystal. He's a mountain boy that was never available in the US and often goes for $100+ on ebay. I think the exclusiveness adds to his charm, but a lot of the appeal is also that he has very nice colors.


Honestly, I'm disappointed in his back and the bottom of the scarf, but man I love those blue eyes! I'm grateful for the ATC swaps, but I can't help feeling like I'm on the lower end of the art spectrum. I mean it's hard to be a hobby artist when you know some people got to go to art school and actually understand anatomy, color theory, and all that fun stuff. I feel like my biggest problem is my art isn't detailed enough. Maybe part of it is that I dislike doing backgrounds and I need to work on that but I need to to jut draw more to improve at all. I'm kind of considering trying to enter something for the traditional category for the contest on Equestria Daily, bu we shall see how things work. December is shaping up to be a pretty busy month for me.

2 comments:

  1. I just discovered your blog through the MLPArena and I have to say, I love it! This ATC is gorgeous, and I adore your felt pony ornaments! Too cute! I'll definitely be following you in the future. ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, thank you very much Marian :)

    ReplyDelete