Monday, August 27, 2012

Introducing the Fluttershy/Trixie Hybrid Pony

Hooray, my first factory error/prototype/chinese reject pony is here!


This lovely girl is a mix of Trixie's color palette and Fluttershy's symbol. Interestingly enough the hybrid pony is in a different pose and has a different eye style and color. I think she's a very unique addition to my collection and I adore her! I'm sure that has nothing to do with my love for blue ponies...



I started wondering what I should call her though. I kind of dislike when a name is obviously based on the cutie mark (which in Equestria, ponies don't get until they have an epiphany of self discovery). So I wanted a name that would combine blue and butterflies and came up with Powder. Powder is a type of blue and I also imagine the scales of butterfly wings to be powdery.




Which leads you to wondering what her personality would be like. Fluttershy and Trixie are about as opposite end of the spectrum as you can get. I imagine Powder as a nature lover, and she really loves butterflies and studies them. She's basically the Audubon of butterflies in Equestria.


No comments:

Post a Comment